Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Internet Movie Script Database

I found this wicked cool site the other day. Ever wanted to get the idea of a movie without having to sit through it? For example, I find most horror movies intriguing, but lack the spine to sit through one. Now I don't have to. The Internet Movie Script Database has hundreds of movie scripts that I can take for a test drive. Which is good, because most movies I see are sheer drivel. Case in point: the upcoming Witless Protection film. Who was responsible for this travesty? Someone had to write it. I don't fault them, thousands of scripts worse than these are written weekly. It starts to be sad when someone from Lionsgate, a previously reputable film distributor, says "Hey, I like this. Yeah, let's do it." Then someone else had to direct, someone who looked at the script and said "I can see nothing wrong with the ideas here." Then actors had to express interest in it. Somewhere along the line, you would expect someone to say "Wait a minute. This movie is terrible." But no. Anyway, thanks for bearing with me. Yeah, I got problems with Hollywood.

No comments: