Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Etsy

As a savvy consumer, I often just elect not to buy anything at all if it's not ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. This has some minimalist leanings, but it's mostly because a dorm room is TINY. Regarding the more political reasons one might have for trying to consume as little as possible, a real, actual capitalism is what many crave. Unfortunately, there are precious few sites online that cater to both the financially-challenged and the bohemian shopper. Among the few, Etsy probably has some of the best selection I've seen (I should seriously be getting paid for this). This is because everything for sale is handmade. In many cases, if you don't snatch up whatever you see immediately, you might never find anything quite like it ever again. The products for sale tend to lean heavily in the "awesome" direction, but that's just me. If you're also into straightedge vegan everything and anything (a ponytail holder? Seriously?) you'll like it. But that's not all.

Yeah, there's plenty of stuff like that on there as well. Somewhat interestingly, I discovered the site beacuse of its high concentration of... STEAMPUNK STUFF! YAY!

At first I couldn't decide which picture to put up, but then I'm all like, "I OWN this space! I can put both up!" And so it was done.

No comments: