Sunday, May 18, 2008

Beastie Boys

As far as rappers go, there are few less threatening than the Beastie Boys. While listening for a particularly pathetic rhyme, I only had to listen to one song, Rhymin' & Stealin', before I hit gold. The song is the three white guys in question comparing themselves to pirates, and with lines like "Because Mutiny on the Bounty's what we're all about/I'm gonna board your ship and turn it on out/No soft sucker with a parrot on his shoulder/'Cause I'm bad gettin' bolder; cold getting colder/Terrorizing suckers on the seven seas/And if you've got beef... you'll get capped in the knees" it's a wonder that they aren't more popular than they actually are. Despite this, you will occasionally hear a song that isn't unintentionally hilarious or just plain sad. Since I have better things to do than just sit around until one of those songs plays, I can't recommend any particular songs to you, just point you in this direction; where you'll find a couple album's worth of mediocrity.

1 comment:

sayer said...

....your face is full of mediocrity....
(OHHHHH!)