Sunday, April 13, 2008

Smörgåsbord: Part Two

Well, I did it. I listened to every artist on that site. It wasn't pretty. Here's my rundown:

Aimee Mann's Bachelor No. 2: Not bad, give it a try if you like Sheryl Crow or The Beatles.

Badly Drawn Boy's Hour Of The Bewilderbeast: Eh. I can't quite get into it. Pretty generic.

Beirut's Gulag Orkestar and Lon Gisland EP: I really like this guy. It's got an Eastern European folk flair that I can't resist. I'd recommend the song Elephant Gun.

Divine Comedy's Liberation and Regeneration: Woo! I cannot recommend the song Bad Ambassador enough. I've been listening to it nonstop.

Stars: I've been too paralyzed by indecision to actually listen to them, there are ten albums in the directory. Ten.

The Books' Thought For Food: Mellow, lo-fi, instrumental electronica. I fell asleep listening to the album last night, so... there you go.

The Kings of Convenience's Riot On An Empty Street: These guys are a latter day Simon and Garfunkel. That's all you need to know.

The remaining artists range from mediocre to unspeakably horrendous, so you can find out the difference for yourself if you're really that invested.

OH! I don't know how I missed it two times in a row, but the site also has Hard N' Phirm's Rodeohead, a Radiohead medley cover done entirely in the bluegrass genre. I was gonna post a link to it in my Radiohead article, but I had forgotten the name of the song. I'm exhausted. I'm gonna go take a nap.

No comments: