Saturday, March 29, 2008

Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner (And TMBG)

Again I find myself posting three entirely unrelated artists side-by-side, simply because of their chronological proximity to each other. Today I found They Might Be Giants' newest children's album (Here Come The 123s) and, more importantly, some old Leonard Nimoy/William Shatner album. If you've never heard of Nimoy's/Shatner's musical career, count yourself among the luckiest people on God's green earth. I think a good place to start would be to listen to William Shatner's rendition of Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, arguably his best known work. I found it on Spaced Out - The Best Of Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner. I also found Has Been, Shatner's solo album.

EDIT: Upon perusing some of the Leonard Nimoy tracks, I came across a gem titled The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins. The sound triggered a 'Nam-style flashback to a video I thought I had forever erased from my memory. 'Twas not meant to be:

Why, Spock? Why?

No comments: