Sunday, December 23, 2007

April Winchell's Audio

I don't know who April Winchell is, but I know I owe her big-time. I found her first website a couple of years back, but now, finding it again, I realize why I started this blog. Oddio. It's a real mystery where she finds her finely blended mix of oddio, but there's no denying it's one of the best repositories for it on the web. Check it out here. The entire site is worth going through, but I've selected some of my favorites for your mooching pleasure.

Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies - A klezmer version. Look up "klezmer"
Smells Like Gregorian Teen Spirit - Gregorian chanting. Well, whatever. Nevermind.
Mario Bros. A Cappella - Self-explanatory and pretty good, to boot.
Uncensored Ragtime - Ever hear any Eminem? OK, listen to this. Pretty well done.
These Boots Were Made For Walkin' - As sung by Crispin Glover. I'm not joking, this is serious stuff. Betcha can't finish the whole track.
I Am The Walrus - A Jim Carrey track. For seriously. He is actually not a terrible singer.
Yerrow Subamarine - I'm not here to pass judgment on whoever named this track, but the lead singer, who sings the rest of the song in Japanese, actually does say that during the chorus.
Stairway To Heaven - On ACCORDIONS!
God Will F**k You Up - A Christian Music recording, so the site would have you believe. I think it might be satire. S'funny either way. Take a listen.
O Holy Night - This is my favorite. If you're going to listen to just one song here, make it this one. Listen to it all the way through.

No comments: