Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Dresden Dolls

With the help of a friend, I have rediscovered the dark cabaret stylings of The Dresden Dolls. That's the actual name of the genre. Dark cabaret. Anyway, they've only released two albums, so I'll make this short.

2003's self-titled album features some good stuff, most notably "Good Day", "Coin-Operated Boy", and "Bad Habit".

The real treasure trove is on their second album, 2006's Yes, Virginia.... This is the album with "Sex Changes", "Backstabber", "Modern Moonlight", "My Alcoholic Friends", "Mrs. O", "Necessary Evil", "Mandy Goes To Med School", and "Sing". You may notice that I recommended well over 50% of the songs on this album. That's because this album rules. If I were you, I would just go ahead and get the entire album. You don't have any excuse, it's that good.

No comments: