Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Remember Animorphs?

So, I... uh, I finally got around to listening to The Beachles. Wow. That was easily the worst sound to ever make it into my earholes. I apologize.

I'm getting sick and tired of people trying to make "comedy" by appealing to things I loved when I was ten years old. Don't get me wrong, I love Captain Planet reruns as much as the next guy, but there's a difference between simply alluding to The Magic School Bus ("Seatbelts, everyone!" Ahhh, that was fun) and making a pointed comment on the relative values of Dinosaurs versus, say, Doug. I just hate it when people are like "Beetlejuice" and you start laughing just because you remember it. At least comment on the fact that the haunting theme song was composed by Danny Elfman, who also did the childhood-regressing bit of LSD-fueled mayhem that was Pee-Wee's Big Adventure. At least have something to say. Otherwise, it's just sad. Hey, remember the Bailey School Kids?

That robot cat in the Rugrats intro terrified me both as a youth and today.

No comments: