Monday, August 4, 2008

I'm Impressed

They Might Be Giants have been one of the consistent musical elements in my career (see my FIRST POST EVER), and while I wait for their return to music written and performed for adults, I can console myself with the realization that they can still make a mind-blowing music video.

Fans of bloody coups, anachronistic robots made of paper, less than subtle nods to Shakespeare or fans of catchy guitar riffs can count themselves among the fans of this video. And I'm fairly sure those four categories cover... everyone.

For some short ideas that I've been kicking around for a few days but didn't warrant enough content for a post of their own; I saw Shark Week not too long ago. I love the Discovery Channel. The fact that sharks haven't evolved in a few millennia just shows that they no longer have anything to offer to the gene pool. They're done fine-tuning themselves. This means that a) the blood-thirsty, merciless monsters that routinely make news by tearing off a limb or something are essentially the model for the perfect species, or b) sharks have beaten out every other breed of ocean-dwelling carnivore to become a veritable master race, the Aryans of the Deep*. The other piece of news I found was that on September 1, 2001, Marvel Comics unveiled a new supervillan. His name was Jihad, and he was a giant Middle Eastern genie bent on world-domination. For some reason, he hasn't been used much since.

*"Aryans Of The Deep" just so happens the title of my screenplay, in which the Nazis (who've been hiding in giant undersea fortresses) return in massive submarines to terrorize us all once again. I kid, of course. That would be ridiculous.

No comments: