Monday, June 30, 2008

Dancing On The Ceiling

Welcome back friends and netizens!

House of Oddio Fun Fact: If you ever catch anyone using the phrase "netizens" in any context not involving irony, it's legal (and in some states required) to kill them. True story.
Well, to be honest, you all should be saying welcome back to me; both as protagonist of this charade and returnee from the Swiss-Italian border where I just spent a lovely weekend. Good for me.

Back to the daily grind. Today I present, for your insatiable approval, this man's website.

No, not Lionel Richie, despite how awesome that would be. The less-smooth man standing next to Lionel is Josh Handel, proprietor of "The #1 Song On This Date In History" website, a title so unwieldy I was forced to title this post the much catchier "Dancing On The Ceiling", a 1986 Richie classic. Quite simply, you click the month in which you were born, then the date, and a list is shown for every song, along with a helpful link to the iTunes store. The Billboard hits date back to the 1890s (which is damn impressive, I didn't even know humans were around back then), but the clickable links only go back to the 1930s. The number one song in the US when I was born was a pathetic little ditty; Roxette's "It Must Have Been Love". Ugh. Bonus points for whoever finds out when I was born!

No comments: