Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Kinematic Typography

The hot new thing on the interlines: kinematic typography. It may seem familiar if you've ever seen the intro to the film Catch Me If You Can, but its applications reach far beyond simple window dressing. If timed correctly, this unique art style can bring all the emotion and power of the spoken word to the written word. Enough about all that. Here are some of the best YouTube has to offer.

This first one is from one of my all-time favorites, Twelve Monkeys.

Here's a great blues song; Tramp, by Lowell Fulson.

So far, this is my favorite music-based experiment:

A perennial favorite, Anchorman.

As far as ultimate characters go, I'd be jumping on some teenage girl bandwagon if I said Captain Jack Sparrow. Nonetheless, he is one of the more ultimate characters.

I have all the rules of Fight Club memorized.

Hands down, the best part of A Scanner Darkly. I only wished they had done the entire scene.

Okay, this was the first one I ever saw; holds a special place in my heart; but is most definitely NSFW (language).

For all the fans of The Office out there. Also, see if you can catch the "Great Scott" reference. Classic.

To finish up, something not from a movie. Shocker.

No comments: