Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Disney Soundtracks (And The Decemberists)

I recently saw Aladdin again for the first time in a long time. I forgot how awesome those movies are. Anyway, the thing that really got my attention about it was the music. Those songs are great. Even the non-vocal music is incidental and just really works with the tone of the film. Anyway, on my search for it's OST (Original Soundtrack), I found a tiny treasure trove of Disney soundtracks from Aladdin, Beauty & The Beast, Hercules, Mulan, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Lion King, and more. Notably present are the Broadway production versions of songs from The Lion King and Beauty & The Beast. Oh, by the way, all these files are in .rar format. If you're running OS X, use UnRarX or SimplyUnRar (which is slower and uses drag-and-drop, but offers incredibly easy password unlock). If you're running XP, I'd try 7-Zip (which is also available for OS X, but doesn't work for me). Awesome.

P.S.: On the same server, I found five or six Decemberists albums. Take a look. I'd recommend Picaresque.

No comments: