Monday, March 24, 2008

Jeff de Boer

I can't remember if I've talked about this guy before, and I'm too lazy to search the archives, so here you are: Jeff de Boer. I don't use the word "genius" all willy-nilly; I like to conserve my "genius"s. That said, de Boer is a genius. He is an artist, and although I'm sure he does other (equally impressive) works, what has endeared me to him so greatly is the fact that he makes suits of armor. For animals. The previous sentence can only be improved by repetition, so I say again: For animals. Just cats and mice, really, but still, who could pass up a 15th century Maximilian knight's armor designed and built for something that could fit in the palm of my hand?

As great as that was, try to contain yourself when you witness the majesty of a piece he calls his "Samurai Siamese".

Whoa. You can check out his website here. Also, here's a set of rather steampunkish atomic dueling pistols, so there's that.

No comments: