Saturday, January 12, 2008

Ultimate Luxuries

My hear-phones (as I call 'em) just broke. Again. The wire wore right through for the fourth time. The entire right side is now coated in a thick layer of superglue. But really, what can you expect from some $10 (surprisingly comfortable) earbuds? Now, if I had some money, I'd buy some $500 Shure earphones. I'm sure those wouldn't break so easily (Shuuuuure).

I found them on CNET.com's Ultimate Luxury list. They found the most outrageously expensive products to buy over the holidays.

Here are my personal picks. Dumbest thing to ever cost more than 99 cents: a $200 ring box with a tiny little LCD screen inside. It can play music or video when opened. But c'mon people, it's less than a 1-inch screen. Most insanely cool thing ever: a million dollar speaker set. BAM. They call it the Grand Enigma speaker set, it is the most expensive speaker set ever, and only one of them has ever been made. And finally, the thing that makes you fear for the future of humanity: a million dollar fishing lure. It's made with over 3 pounds of gold and platinum, and it's encrusted with 4,753 diamonds and rubies weighing about 100 carats each. Whoo-ee.

No comments: