Thursday, November 22, 2007

Inhuman Rampage

Have you ever found yourself secretly desiring some old-school Pretentious Rock? If you are unaware of this burgeoning genre, it's probably because I just made it up. Under the blanket of Pretentious Rock, you will find such bands as Axxis, DragonForce, Nightwish, Phoenix Reign, and Symphorce. Almost any power metal band with double letters, ümlauts, mythical animals or some word made of two other words in the title.

The reason I bring this up is because I found the song "Through The Fire And Flames" by DragonForce on my computer and I spent the last seven minutes and twenty-one seconds rocking out while feeling the epic waves of righteousness turn my mind to excellence. If, like me, you haven't really listened to any Pretentious Rock, here's as good a place as any to start: Inhuman Rampage

The first song is the best.

No comments: